Transitioning into the cooler months does not only shift things around in my wardrobe, it also affects my beauty products dramatically. I’m not usually one to preach about beauty essentials, but these are my six fall obsessions I can’t live without.
1. Batiste Dry Shampoo- I’ve tried everything in the book when it comes to prolonging washing my hair, and hands down Batiste Dry Shampoo is better than your grandmother’s baby powder. Okay, okay I admit it, I’m totally that girl who washes her hair once a week. BUT, before you say ew, you will soon become that girl too once you try this amazing product. It leaves your hair voluminous and fabulous, no matter if your hair is freshly washed or you’re on day four of unwashed hair.
2. NYX Peach Blush- Am I the only one who loves that fresh face, just came in from a cold walk look?? To achieve that look I love this product it is both affordable and a natural colour, that will keep you looking fresh faced all day. In the cooler months my bronzer is no where to be found. Blush is all you need to give your face a little bit of colour.
3. Mint Julips Lip Scrub- This lip product is my holy grail, this scrub can make or break your lips, especially when it comes to the blistering cold. In the morning when I’m getting ready, I scrub a little of this on to exfoliate my dry lips, and viola! OH, and the best part is these lip scrubs come in delicious flavours (bubblegum, popcorn, mint chocolate) that will keep you licking your lips all day long.
4. Covergirl Lipperfection Lipcolour 360 Euphoria-This is my staple fall lipstick, it’s dark, yet still compliments my pale skin tone, and it’s matte, what else could a girl ask for?? Also, the $7 price tag isn’t too shabby either. When applying a dark lip shade use a lip brush to help control the lines and keep the lipstick in place.
5. Estee Lauder Sumptuous Extreme Mascara- This mascara is small, but mighty. I received the sample size in a gift bag, but I will for sure be repurchasing. I’m not going to lie I tend to pack on too much mascara sometimes, resulting in spider legs, if you know what I mean. This mascara has a beautiful natural finish, so you can go lash crazy.
6. Sally Hansen 480 Wine Not- Since I was growing up Sally Hansen has been my go to nail polish. It’s cheap, it drys quickly, it’s a drugstore favourite. This season I picked up Wine Not, a dark maroon shade perfect for the fall. If you’re not sold on maroon but are looking for a fall polish gray, navy, beige, and black are my top nail varnish picks. To transition your fall shades into the perfect festive manicure, combine both dark maroon polish and gold polish and you’re ready for your holiday party without the ugly Christmas sweater!